Pages

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Random thoughts on a Saturday - Day 3

Yikes, it's only November 3 and I've already got that "yeah, I've got nothing" feeling about what to write about. I'm also often a little drifty on the weekends, torn between missing the weekday routine and the flow that creates and liking just winging it.

I just got The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook a couple of days ago. It's a lovely lovely book, just what you would expect. I made the rushed pizza dough last night, instead of my usual, and it was delicious. Great texture, crackly from being baked on the stone that lives in my oven. I am looking forward cooking from this book in the coming weeks!

Deb actually gave a peek at one of the recipes in the book a few weeks ago - the pancetta, white bean and chard pot pies. They were delicious too - definitely recommend.




Obviously, I am in a cooking mood. I am also keenly aware that Thanksgiving is less than 3 weeks away. Which means Christmas isn't very far away. Every year, I think I want to be more "plan-ful" about the holidays so that I can feel like we really were able to enjoy them. I find the holidays to be at their best when there is enough quiet to really experience them, not a lot of frantic running around. So I think I want to have a plan, and get some things done ahead of time, and know what I want to happen so I don't forget. It's wishful thinking - I usually get to the point where I decide on what I can't live without and let the rest go. That's actually not a bad plan. But I'm sure I'll put holiday plans on my to-do list for the next few weeks, dutifully moving it to tomorrow's list most of the time. Mostly I just want to wake up on Wednesday morning and have the election be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment