Pages

Sunday, November 04, 2012

NaBloPoMo Day 4...

is apparently about trying not to think about the election. I'm generally averting my eyes from television and newspapers, though I can't quite bring myself to not look at facebook or twitter occasionally. I've been listening to Tina Dico's album "Count to Ten" this morning. That helps. And I finally dug out from under the piles in around my workspace and put the label maker to good use with a stack of empty manila folders. My desk is in a corner of the kitchen near a sunny window. This is mostly a good thing, except that it is also near the laundry room and much-used back door, which means the temptation to drop things off in the vicinity is a little too-tempting for the third-grader I live with. At least my husband has become careful about logging me back into facebook when he's done hijacking my computer.

My plan for today is to figure out what will be cooking and nourishing our bodies and spirits in this house this week. I am usually not very successful at planning meals ahead, but it's going to be a busy week and I for one would like to not inflict any unnecessary stress on myself.

And if you haven't voted yet, just do it. I don't care who you vote for (not entirely true of course - I do have a preference) but I do care that we all show up and take responsibility for ourselves and our country. I have always believed that in the end, people show up and try to do what they think is best for everyone. I want to keep believing that. So VOTE!




No comments:

Post a Comment